This is one of the toughest questions anyone can ask, because the answer will rely on so many different variables, so I will give you some key points to consider when looking to grow your customer base.
- Firstly, you need to be clear about what an ‘ideal customer’ is for you. I would suggest looking at your current customers and work out what type of customer is a pleasure to deal with, who pay’s you on time and who is easy to do business with?
- Once you have worked out your ‘ideal customer’ it is time to figure out how to find more of them. You need to ask yourself the following questions.
- Where will I find them?
- What will I offer them?
- How will I communicate my offer to them?
- Why will they buy from me?
- Before you start sinking your cash into a marketing campaign make sure you understand how much business you need to generate to pay for the campaign. It’s not a good idea to spend more than you will ever get back from new customers the campaign creates.
In most cases, the best way to get new ‘ideal customers’ is referrals from your current customers. If you could get 1 new client from each of your customers you would double your customer base!